Please read this statement carefully before accessing our content. Your use of the E-News (SG) website indicates your agreement to abide by the Terms in effect.
E-News SG is an independent sole proprietorship. We have no affiliation with any New Service (such as MediaCorp , SPH, Mothership, Reuters, BBC, National Public Radio, etc.), nor with the Infocom Media Authority (IMDA) of Singapore. Any complaints or feedback regarding services provided by them should be directed to the relevant official feedback channels.
This page was last updated on the 20th July 2021.
A: Terms and Conditions:
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between you and E-News SG regarding your use of the E-News SG website. By using the E-News SG website, you are entering into this Agreement with E-News SG and indicating that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please click the close button on the right of your tab and stop using our service. these terms apply through all websites owned by E-Companies.
- Description of Service. E-News SG website (“Service”) is a free service from E-News SG(the “Content Provider”) that offers articles about Breaking News. You understand and agree that the Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. The Content Provider disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security, or reliability of the Service. The Content Provider also reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
- Proper Use. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations where you shall reside. You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (a) use the service to harass other users; (b) prevent others from using the Service; (c) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose (d) amend our articles without prior permission. Any violation of the above may result in immediate termination of this Agreement and may subject you to legal consequences. We reserve the right but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Copyright Status. You are not to use any picture, video , GIF or media, or curated text from our website/Telegram Channel/Instagram Page/Twitter Page. without prior permission or exceptions(see below) . Doing so would violate the law Copyright Act, (Chapter 63) Original Enactment:Act 2 of 1987) Revised Edition 2006. . Exceptions Include but are not limited to Embedded videos from other sources such as YouTube or Vimeo Videos, or embedded content not hosted by us. Do note that the above content may have copyright restrictons.
- Website Hosting. This website is hosted by Dreamhost, a hosting company located in the United States. You are obliged to follow all their terms and conditions that apply.
- Accuracy, Completeness, and Timeliness of Information. We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
- POFMA .We do own most News content, however some external content does exist from our site. All such content comes from external but trusted sources, like Asia News Network, CNA, BBC, The Star, and so on. Direct relevant complaints to relevant authorities. E-News SG only forwards news as a third party.
- Advertising. E-News advertises using PopAds, Amazon Affilates, and AdCash. These ads may come in the form of banners, pop-ups or embedded links.
- Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL E-News SG BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SERVICE WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL E-NEWS SG BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR SERVICES RENDERED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Trademarks™. E-News SG has not registered any trademarks.
- Refusal of service; Termination; Suspension. The Content Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse, suspend, or terminate the Service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- Donations. We use Donorbox together with PayPal and Stripe to collect donations from you! Your donation information will only be available to authorised officers handling your donations, and will never leave Stripe or PayPal. For Visitors using Brave Browser, you can donate to us via BAT, The built in donation platform. You can also donate to us via YouTube, Vimeo. More Information is available in point 14.
- Brave Browser. Users using Brave Browser to access the site can donate to us via BAT. Do note that a certain amount of BAT may be taken my Brave Inc. as commission. please visit Basic Attention Token’s website or Brave.com. Brave Browser may also serve ads on our website. By Accessing our site on Brave Browser, you agree to all Brave’s Terms, and all our Terms and conditions.
- Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Content Provider, and its employees, agents, and representatives, from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature.
- Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release, and waive all claims against E-News SG or Its affiliates. and its employees and agents from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Service.
- Modifications to the Agreement. The Company shall have the right to modify the terms of this Agreement at any time. The new agreement shall be effective immediately. We are not obliged to inform you should the change of the agreement take place.
- Exercise. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Choice of Law; Jurisdiction. This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore, where this company is located.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between E-News LLC and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. You are obliged to conduct all your website visits in line with this agreement.
Data We Collect
At E-News (SG), we collect is your e-mail address, when you subscribe to our mailing list. Our mailing list is hosted by Mailchimp. Please read their terms and make sure you agree to them before subscribing. To protect our site against spam, we may require you to sign into your E-News SG account. Your e-mail address will never be disclosed to a third-party company.
The Following is a list of data that we have available with us. We will not disclose your information to any-third party, unless for a lawful and government Investigation.(e.g S’pore Police Force/Govt Uses).
We Collect these information
- Country Of Origin/IP Address
- ISP-Internet Service Provider (M1/Starhub etc)
- Device Platform(iOS / ChromeOS/ Android)
- Referrer(Your Previous Website from E-News SG)
- Button Clicks
- Link Clicks
- File Downloads
- Video’s Played
- Form’s Submitted
- Comments Made
- 3rd Party cookies*
*See more on cookies below.
UNLESS LEGALLY REQUIRED BY LAW, We will not share your IP. your platform, refferer, or ISP may be used to better improve our services and for market research.
You can make a Data Retrieval Claim (DRC) to E-News SG. Simply Send an email to this email address. For this service to take place, we will need you to verify yourself with certain documents. We can reject your request at any time should you not provide any/sufficient documents that proves you are you.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
By setting a cookie on the E-News SG website, users will not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on the site’s comments area’s. We store a cookie on each user’s machine that contains a username and encrypted password. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use E-News (SG) products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, not all E-News (SG) services require that you accept cookies.
When you enter our site, you will see a widget to accept cookies. Please do so for a better browsing experience.
3rd party Cookies
E-News SG utilizes third-party software for statistics on our website usage, advertising, and social media plugin functionality. A example list of these and their relevant privacy policies are listed below.
- 404 Page Plugin
- Tawk to chat
- Jetpack by Auttomatic
- x1n-ra.website (Embedded Telegram Widget)
- Weather Widget
To enhance their use of the E-News website, users can choose to leave comments on particular articles of interest. Due to Security concerns, Commenters may need a E-News SG account to comment. However, if a third party complains that a comment breaches our Terms of Service (e.g. libels them), then in accordance with our Terms, we will make reasonable efforts to contact the commenter and alert them to the situation. We try to automatically block comments if it contains harmful info such as pornography or the Spreading of Hate speech. If we are required by law to disclose commenters’ contact information, we will attempt to contact commenters to allow them to respond to such requests. However shall they not be contactable, we will proceed to follow the law and we may disclose information for Jurdisditction purposes.
We want to hear your opinions and knowledge, so please leave a comment. Occasionally we may need to remove comments from the site: either for legal reasons that could get us and you sued (e.g. contempt of court, defamation) or if a comment falls outside the realm of civilized debate (e.g. abuse, offensive or inciting hatred). Our decision is final.
E-News SG has launched a mailing list for the E-News SG website, to provide subscribers with relevant information — breaking news, or weekly or daily round-ups, for example. To sign up to receive regular emails from a site’s mailing list, users must submit information including a valid email address and potentially demographic information such as location and interests. This information will be used in aggregate form only to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services, and your personal and contact information will not be passed to any other organization.
Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from the site. Most of the time, these will be content from the site in question, but we may occasionally send out an email from a third party sponsor. This will be infrequent and does not represent an endorsement by E-News (SG) of any products advertised therein. It will clearly be marked as advertising: please check it out, as we hope you will feel that it is relevant to you. Since editorial independence is critical to us, you can be sure that we will never send out a sponsored email in the guise of a glowing product review. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, please do not sign up for the mailing list.
Third-Party Links, Websites and Services
The Websites contain links to websites and content operated by third parties. Such links do not mean or imply that E-News (SG) endorses, recommends, sponsors, or otherwise has any affiliation or relationship with any third party, and no affiliation or relationship should be presumed. One some third party links that you click, we may earn a commission from a sale. E-News (SG) does not control and is not responsible for any aspect of such websites and content, unless the website is a affiliate suggested.
Like most standard Web site servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and several clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movements in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyse user movement.
In the event E-News SG goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
We will update you accordingly by any means possible should the need to arise.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, E-News LLC may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on any of the E-News (SG) website.
We Use External Websites, apps or embeds etc. to make the E-News Service a more enjoyable one. See the List below of the external items we use. Click the Name to head over to the external websites.
- Amazon Affilates- Advertising
- Telegram———-Chat/Broadcast Software
- DreamHost———-Website Hosting for enews.link
- Google Cloud Services- Website Hosting for enws.cf
- Lets Encrypt—–SSL (All Domains)
- tawk.to———–Live Chat
- WeatherWidget– Weatherwidget
- Streamtape—- Embeds
- Curator——– Embeds
Notification of Changes
If you would like to complain about anything on E-News (SG), or any of our other assets, please contact us here with the subject line ‘Complaint’.